Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fall 2009 classes start soon!

Time once again for overwhelming feelings of anxiousness and excitement for impending fall classes. This will be my second semester at S.U. working towards my MSLIS degree. This summer, I attended "boot camp" and took 3 classes on campus - IST 601 (Information and Information Environments), IST 511 (Introduction to the Library and Information Profession), and IST 612 (Youth Services in Libraries & Information Centers).

While the summer classes were an intensive on-campus 2 1/2-week session (with much work due before classes started), the fall classes are the more "traditional" 15-week semester online classes. So despite having taken online classes before, I have not taken any classes in this format for this program yet. This adds to my feelings of being overwhelmed as I peruse the syllabi for fall classes - IST 605 (Reference and Information Literacy Services), and IST 663 (Motivation and Information Literacy).

How will I be able to manage 2 classes, a 50-hour fieldwork requirement, and my full-time job? I need to keep reminding myself - How would I eat an elephant? By taking just one bite at a time, of course! This will be my philosophy as I embark on this next semester on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment