Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fall Classes Underway!

I'm nearing the end of the first week of fall classes (IST 605 - Reference & Information Literacy Services with Dr. Megan Oakleaf, and IST 663 - Integrating Motivation & Information Literacy with Dr. Ruth Small) and so far, so good! The information is interesting and I've got a couple more days to finish first week assignments. School starts on Tuesday for me as well - in the elementary school where I work in the library. I've worked the last two mornings there getting things organized and ready for the first day of school. This will be a real test - the juggling of full time work with my graduate work requirements.

Next Friday, I will be heading to Syracuse once more for a weekend residency for IST 663. I will also be taking workshop tests that Friday afternoon to complete a NY State requirement for all teachers. My fieldwork of 50 hours in an elementary library also begins next week in the district where I work. I'll talk more about that in a future post as I'm still working out all the details. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I have also registered for the LAST exam for December - one of three exams required by New York State for all teachers. This should be a very busy semester filled with lots of learning experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment