Sunday, July 26, 2009

New class starts tomorrow!

Where does the weekend go? If there was ever two days in the week that just fly by, it has to be Saturday and Sunday. I tried to relax a little bit this weekend and unwind after seven straight days of classes. Today it was time to shift focus onto the upcoming class this week - IST 612 - Youth Services in Libraries and Information Centers.

Although there has been a lot of classwork that was necessary to complete (or at least get a good start on), there will still be assignments to refine and complete as the week progresses. I do feel a little bit more comfortable with these class assignments than I did for last week's classes. I'm sure that it helps that I have worked in elementary school libraries for the past 14 years! I'm certain there will be additional information learned in this class - things that I can put into place immediately when I return to my library in September.

One of the assignments was to create a library collection of 200 items. It would seem that this would be an easy thing to do. I thought so until I started working on it. I have added, deleted, and tweaked this collection more times than I care to count - and I'm fairly confident that I'll be making further changes before the end of the week.

Booktalking is another assignment required. This I am looking forward to - I've actually brought some great props to use, including a ladybug cape that I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment